[Nvda-dev] ot: Latest BRLTTY For Windows

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
14 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Nvda-dev] ot: Latest BRLTTY For Windows

Ali Savas
Hello,
where can I download the latest BRLTTY pakage for Windows?

thanks

Ali


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Nvda-dev] ot: Latest BRLTTY For Windows

Simone Dal Maso (mobile)
I put the 3.9 for windows here in our website if you want:
http://www.spazioausili.net/disknode/get/172/BRLTTY_3.9.2_compilata_per_windows_xp_versione_non_ufficiale.zip?download
it's an italian website but the file is the same.
bye.

--
Simone Dal Maso.
Tutti i miei progetti:
Spazioausili: consultazione, ricerca e commenti sugli ausili informatici per non vedenti:
http://www.spazioausili.net


homepage sviluppo comunita' NVDA:
www.nvda.it
Visita il mio blog!
http://simodm.blogspot.com
homepage progetto musicale:
www.juvox.it


----- Original Message -----
From: "Ali Savas" <[hidden email]>
To: "News and discussion for NVDA (NonVisual Desktop Access),a free and open source screen reader for Microsoft Windows" <[hidden email]>
Sent: Wednesday, April 09, 2008 12:18 PM
Subject: [Nvda-dev] ot: Latest BRLTTY For Windows


> Hello,
> where can I download the latest BRLTTY pakage for Windows?
>
> thanks
>
> Ali
>
> _______________________________________________
> Nvda-dev mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.nvaccess.org/listinfo/nvda-dev
>


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Nvda-dev] ot: Latest BRLTTY For Windows

Ali Savas
Hello simone,
thanks.

Ali


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Nvda-dev] ot: Latest BRLTTY For Windows

Samuel Thibault
In reply to this post by Simone Dal Maso (mobile)
Simone Dal Maso, le Wed 09 Apr 2008 12:27:18 +0200, a écrit :
> I put the 3.9 for windows here in our website if you want:
> http://www.spazioausili.net/disknode/get/172/BRLTTY_3.9.2_compilata_per_windows_xp_versione_non_ufficiale.zip?download
> it's an italian website but the file is the same.

That's indeed the latest version.  When 3.10 comes out, I will put it on
http://brl.thefreecat.org/brltty/

Samuel


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Nvda-dev] ot: Latest BRLTTY For Windows

Gianluca Casalino
that's a pitty braillelite and braillenote do not work and probably
others...:-((!!



Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Nvda-dev] ot: Latest BRLTTY For Windows

Samuel Thibault
Hello,

Gianluca Casalino, le Thu 10 Apr 2008 10:48:25 +0200, a écrit :
> that's a pitty braillelite and braillenote do not work and probably
> others...:-((!!

Please do not spread FUDs like this.  There is no strong reason why
these should not work.  Yes, I know you are having troubles with it.
No, I currently don't have the time to debug it more than I already did,
and that's why I urged you several times to contact the list or at least
[hidden email] .

Samuel


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Nvda-dev] ot: Latest BRLTTY For Windows

Simone Dal Maso (mobile)
"Samuel Thibault" <[hidden email]> wrote:


Hello,

Please do not spread FUDs like this.  There is no strong reason why
these should not work.  Yes, I know you are having troubles with it.
No, I currently don't have the time to debug it more than I already did,
and that's why I urged you several times to contact the list or at least
[hidden email] .

Well, I'm a brailenote user and I'm attempting to run BRLTTY but my bn doesn't start.
I have another display braille at home, the MDV mb408s, and it runs very well.
Using linux brltty, Braillenote starts in half a second.
We wrote to authors but no answers, so I think it is not wrong to say that a particular version doens't work with some displays. Do you know people that can use braillenote or braillelite with BRLTTY 3.9 for windows?
I instead think that you should be happy that  there are people that give feedback and test BRLTTY, ok we havent' the solution, but I should say the answers we receive form various people are short and not clear.
I think if NVDA in a future will have a braille support, we should test hardly the package, don't you?

Thanks.







Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Nvda-dev] ot: Latest BRLTTY For Windows

Gianluca Casalino
Exactly,
I tried to contact author several times and I tried to subscribe the
mailing-list twice too without success and reply at all.
Is important to understand how reliable is this package in order to
project and start the nvda support for braille.
If actually it does  not work is not a great problem (I do not use dos
at the moment).
Anyway I think this is not the right place to conduct this kind of
discussion. Please write me or reply me in private.
Friendly
Gianluca

 for brialle



Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Nvda-dev] ot: Latest BRLTTY For Windows

Samuel Thibault
In reply to this post by Simone Dal Maso (mobile)
Simone Dal Maso, le Fri 11 Apr 2008 08:45:57 +0200, a écrit :
> We wrote to authors but no answers, so I think it is not wrong to say that a particular version doens't work with some displays.

Right, but the message wasn't really so judgeless.

Yes, it's cool to see that some people test brltty on windows with
hardware that neither I or Dave own, but no, it's not cool that people
say "baah, it doesn't work!", without even mentioning that it actually
works for the other hardware that they have.

BTW, it's really odd that Dave hasn't answered at all, my guess would
rather be that there is an smtp problem.

Samuel


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Nvda-dev] ot: Latest BRLTTY For Windows

Samuel Thibault
Samuel Thibault, le Fri 11 Apr 2008 10:09:21 +0100, a écrit :
> Yes, it's cool to see that some people test brltty on windows with
> hardware that neither I or Dave own, but no, it's not cool that people
> say "baah, it doesn't work!", without even mentioning that it actually
> works for the other hardware that they have.

And also, people would very well understand "bah, brltty don't seem to
care", while it's just that I currently don't have the time (research
job interviews is a short but very intensive period of life), and that
the problem didn't reach the list yet.  So yes, that was FUD.

Samuel


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Nvda-dev] ot: Latest BRLTTY For Windows

Samuel Thibault
In reply to this post by Gianluca Casalino
BTW, sorry for looking offensive etc., it's really not meant to be, it's
mostly that I don't have the time to express better with my non-native
english :)

Samuel


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Nvda-dev] ot: Latest BRLTTY For Windows

Samuel Thibault
In reply to this post by Samuel Thibault
Samuel Thibault, le Fri 11 Apr 2008 10:09:21 +0100, a écrit :
> BTW, it's really odd that Dave hasn't answered at all, my guess would
> rather be that there is an smtp problem.

Yes, Dave actually currently has problems with his ISP about his SMTP
server...

Samuel


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Nvda-dev] ot: Latest BRLTTY For Windows

Wildcat
In reply to this post by Simone Dal Maso (mobile)
        Hi this is kenny. Can you please explain what brltty stands for?
----- Original Message -----
From: "Simone Dal Maso" <[hidden email]>
To: "News and discussion for NVDA (NonVisual Desktop Access),a free and open
source screen reader for Microsoft Windows" <[hidden email]>
Sent: Friday, April 11, 2008 2:45 AM
Subject: Re: [Nvda-dev] ot: Latest BRLTTY For Windows


> "Samuel Thibault" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>
> Hello,
>
> Please do not spread FUDs like this.  There is no strong reason why
> these should not work.  Yes, I know you are having troubles with it.
> No, I currently don't have the time to debug it more than I already did,
> and that's why I urged you several times to contact the list or at least
> [hidden email] .
>
> Well, I'm a brailenote user and I'm attempting to run BRLTTY but my bn
> doesn't start.
> I have another display braille at home, the MDV mb408s, and it runs very
> well.
> Using linux brltty, Braillenote starts in half a second.
> We wrote to authors but no answers, so I think it is not wrong to say that
> a particular version doens't work with some displays. Do you know people
> that can use braillenote or braillelite with BRLTTY 3.9 for windows?
> I instead think that you should be happy that  there are people that give
> feedback and test BRLTTY, ok we havent' the solution, but I should say the
> answers we receive form various people are short and not clear.
> I think if NVDA in a future will have a braille support, we should test
> hardly the package, don't you?
>
> Thanks.
>
>
>
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Nvda-dev mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.nvaccess.org/listinfo/nvda-dev 



Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Nvda-dev] ot: Latest BRLTTY For Windows

Samuel Thibault
Wildcat, le Sat 12 Apr 2008 21:09:21 -0400, a écrit :
>         Hi this is kenny. Can you please explain what brltty stands for?

"Braille TTY", i.e. it is a terminal reader (to read the windows console
for instance).  It has a lot of drivers for braille devices, and also
has a BrlAPI server, i.e. NVDA may use it to output braille.

Samuel